Saturday, June 23, 2012

Yes, I am sniffing you. No, it is not creepy.

Last week, I was at the office and kept getting a wiff of

poo-gym-rotting smell

I checked my garbage can and desk drawers for evidence of a small death.
nothing

I checked the bottom of my shoes.
nothing

I secretly sniffed my boss.
nothing

I smelled my hoodie jacket.
nothing

That night, I washed my jacket anyway.
Next day...no more smell!


Today, I worked at the office and THE SMELL WAS BACK!

I checked the drawers and garbage.
nothing

I smelled my jacket.
nothing

I sniffed my boss.
nothing

I sniffed my chair.
nothing

I could not continue working until I found the smell!

"What is that smell?"
I loudly and desperately asked....
as I simultaneously pulled my shoe off and crammed my nose inside.

"AHHHH! It's my shoes!"
My boss continued to ignore my ridiculous sniffing panic.

I took my shoes off and stuck them in the hall and around the corner.
I finished the day in my socks.
I recalled a day, a few weeks ago, where due to a menagerie of craziness, I ended up mowing in my soaking wet shoes.

Much later today....
after work...
after grocery shopping...
I am back at home.

"What is that smell? Guys, have you had a shower? When is the last time you brushed your teeth?
Who has gas?"

sniff...sniff sniff....sniff
The guys continue to ignore my sniffing hunt.

"oh! HA! nevermind! I remember. It's my shoes."

(for those that are left hanging in suspense....I was wearing my workboots on the non-smelly days.)

3 comments:

  1. Super sense of smell is my super power. Almost couldn't become a fex ex spill cleanup agent because of it back in the day.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question is: where are the shoes now? What is the end of the story. There was no "to be continued" at the end of that post.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with E.......what's up with that??? Did you get new shoes ?? whaaaaaa???

    ReplyDelete