Friday, March 4, 2011

awww...I miss it....NO! I DON'T!!

Early this morning I was forced to use the public library (read You are touching poo and boogers ).

The cutest little 3rd grader asked me for help. She started telling me about her troubles with a bully at her school. She also told me her opinion of all teachers and how horrible they were. Especially her teacher that was making her do a report on weather. I told her that I understood because I used to teach.

Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped opened. "YOU? you were a teacher?.....but you are not ugly!"

All of a sudden this beautiful, intelligent princess of a girl became my favorite little girl in the whole world!

"Thank you! I guess I quit teaching before I became ugly." I said.

As I drove home from the library I thought about this precious gem of a student and how I might miss teaching in the school......

SUDDENLY....out of the corner of my eye....I saw two high school girls making their way down the sidewalk toward the intersection. My light turned red. I watched as they slapped at each other. They were in city school uniform and they were walking away from the campus of a city high school. I observed that it was 10am and they were possibly trying to skip school. I also noted that they were tall, large ladies with tight tanks and tight capri pants with underwear and skin hanging out of....every area....maybe they were being sent home.....

POW! one girl punched the other girl square between the eyes and she landed in the street....right in front of me. The "hit" girl jumped up and punched the first girl in the face. They both landed in the street IN FRONT OF ME...punching the crap out of each other, kicking, cursing, rolling in the busy traffic.....

Now...let me inform you....I taught at a high school....when fights would happen in the halls....you,TEACHERS,....would keep walkin'....you don't stop....you don't get involved. The fighters can't hear you.....the fighters can't be stopped....the fighters don't care! You get the cop!.....and there is always a weapon!

So what did I do today?
1. I could not move my car because they were laying in front of it....
2. I rolled down my window and yelled "ladies, stop!" (very effective........)
3. "I'm calling the cops!" (they cared.....)
4. I got out of my car, with my phone....(very smart....)

At this point, I got a better look at the two LARGE fighting girls. They had gang tats.
As soon as I jumped out of my car, 4 other cars stopped and 2 men and 2 women jumped out. One of the men, to protect me, jumped between me and the girls and started yelling at the fighters.

I believe we all saw the gang tats.....I wish you could have seen our faces!
One of the ladies that jumped out of her car got our her grandmama voice and flew into these two young fighters. She was yelling as loud as they were and using some nasty language. One fighter ran into the neighborhood. The other fighter ran back toward the school. We all got back into our cars and drove away. We were all shaking our heads.

Neither fighter pulled a weapon.

HOWEVER....if they had...it would have had to come out of a crevice or body part and I would have had to inquire first "where did that come from....and could you please clean that before you shoot or stab me!!"

As I drove away shaking like a leaf......because I knew how stupid I had been.....I thought
"I do NOT miss teaching!"

8 comments:

  1. Thanks be to you precious Jesus!! (You are so h.y.s.t.e.r.i.c.a.l !! LOL I know they would at the least wipe off the weapon,as long as you had the right tone of voice and said please. Wouldn't they?...being ladies and all. After all, they did get out of the street.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh, yes, did you have to pay that little princess to say those things to you?? heh,heh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I was assigned to the ISS detention room. Thank goodness I did not have any "disturbance" breakout. We did have the security camera running, I had the two way radio on my side along with my cell phone and made sure there was nothing or no one between me and the door. Really not a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could compare stories with Jessica, is kind of stuff happens atleast once a week at her school. And most times they do call the cops.
    So glad you are safe. Aunt Delores

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I volunteered at Bellevue I would break up more fights than any of the teachers. Once I got punched by a Hispanic boy...I put him in a headlock. My coworker thought one day I'd come up swinging.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you type your jaw hanging open! Only you would get out of your car! Well, you and the other idiots who got out of their cars. Did I say "idiot?" Sorry...
    EMP

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure the man who ran across the intersection to "help" was thinking "what is this crazy white lady doing???"
    He did not know that I was not going to get involved!!
    AND for everyone's information...I was alone! The boys were at band practice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you yell "I'LL PRAY FOR YOU!!!!" as you drove away?!? Haha, this reminded me of that story. By the way, I think you are on to something with the gross library books. You have sparked a business idea. You should open a business as "the cleaner" - you are the intermediary once the book is dropped off and before it's back on the shelf. How awesome is that?!

    ReplyDelete