Monday, March 7, 2011

First place the Ghostbusters went!!!!

They look so studious!
don't judge a book by it's cover......

Well....MAX was studious!! HE got his work done!! He got all his notes for his biography report!! HE read his articles, got his books, did his work.....

I am not sure why he was so focused today...

Jack .....well........and I did not help........ The distractions were abundant!! 

Please forgive me as I reveal my maturity (or lack) and what makes me laugh (as if my regular readers don't already know!!)

I am the person at a funeral that laughs at inappropriate things....
I am the person that laughs at politically incorrect things in public places!!!

For instance, there was a precious, elderly volunteer at the library. She was on a scooter and had an oxygen tank. I was not laughing at HER. I was not laughing at her physical issues or medical issues.

What made me laugh???

Well, if you place me in a situation where you must remain quiet and then add repetitive, odd noises.....I am going to get the giggles.....just like a kid.....and then add my 13 year old son giving me odd looks.....WORSE!

We are all sitting at the table. I am quietly trying to explain to Jack a few things about research papers.

I hear a whoosh....whoosh...whoosh.....

I stop whispering. I look at Jack. We bug our eyes.  The noise stops.

I start whispering again.....the noise starts again.....I stop....I look at Jack....EYES.....noise stops.....

I start....it starts.....I start silently giggling....

I look around....the lady in the scooter with the oxygen tank is sneaking up on us.....

I turn back to Jack.....try to ignore....whoosh....whoosh....whirrrrrrr............

Then she laughs.....I look at her....

"Oh, I was reading the back of his t-shirt.....cute!".....WHIRRRRRRRRRR....she speeds off.

For a brief moment, it was like a scene out of a horror movie. If it had been raining outside, I would have expected to be stabbed by an elderly lady on oxygen in a scooter!

Needless to say, Jack took longer to get his work done......a picture of him being studious???
NONE....
I have a picture of him watching a strange man on the cell phone....

It also took Jack and I a few minutes to figure out why Nero was not in this Encyclopedia.....we were confused. At first I thought it might be a geography encyclopedia (no logical explanation for that suggestion)......then after a few minutes it dawned on me as to why I could not read it.....


sigh.....

Still doesn't explain why Nero wasn't in it....Annie Oakly was!!

Well after almost 3 hours....Jack finally finished his work and we left. We brought home several books for them to use at home.

I just have to share with you a quote from one of Max's books for Julius Caesar:

"Romans, Lock your wives away! Here comes the bald seducer! He's no sex symbol, but Caesar has sex appeal. His soldiers call him 'the bald seducer'--the hairless hunk, if you will."

Max wasn't too excited about this one......I thought some of it looked quite entertaining!!






3 comments:

  1. I think you need a tutor to take all of you to that library.......at least you understand Jack's lack of focus...you..Max, I don't know how you do it. Good luck to you all.( snickering and now hysterically laughing at yet more adventures of the Ziegenhorn Special School !!) I have Radio Classics on my XM Sirius station on the car radio....I seriously expect to hear about YOU on this someday! Can't wait for the next installment!! hahahahahaha......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not three hours and I looked up for 15 seconds after writing for 30 minuets. I also did not look at the words in the spanish book I looked at the first three letters of the word at the very top of the page.


    -the Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Tom is a big fan of the public library so I had him read your blog about what body fluides are on all the books he checks out. He said he knows where you get your thoughts on such things (Your Dad, Mom and me).I want to use Lysol wipes on him and all the books when he brings them in the house.
    I prefer to do my research in Barnes and Noble and new books.

    ReplyDelete