Tuesday, February 8, 2011

here a goat......there a goat....

Here is my first attempt at a goat.......it ended up a misfit.....

This goat was sad until I surrounded him with weirdos.....


Take a moment. Look at the people around you......now, don't you feel better?


Anyway, Why a goat? ......did you ask that?

Ziegenhorn....goat horn....goat herder
A missionary from Germany said there was a mountain in Germany called Ziegenhorn, goat mountain. I like that one!

My husband is one of three brothers and they are all crazy about their name! They think it is a rare name. Of course, around Memphis, all of us know each other..... but there are quite a few up north and I have been told it is a common name in Germany. I love the name because I love the man and his family!!

I personally went from A to Z when I married. I went from first in line to last in line. From being normal (for me) and being able to blend in with the crowd....to standing out and getting attention....from giving a name at a restaurant, to giving a hassle......from spelling your name for prescription meds, to spending 30 minutes thinking of "Z for zebra, g for goat, h for how bout giving this another try"......and my favorite is getting my paycheck from the schools..."Margaret Ziegenhor"...I had one to many letters to get the letter "n" on the check. I was not only a special education teacher. I was a teacher of the night...a lady on the corner....you get my meaning...

Apparently, it was fate that I would marry a goat in my future!! When I was in grade school, I had a monogrammed sweater, MAA. The neighborhood boys would yell MAA! MAA! MAA! every time I wore it.

I was destined to be a goat!


5 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you did not marry a "donkey" the A** family. Poor Jack would be Jack A**.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little goat! Why is he a misfit?? ...Hmmm ,I think those little creatures that you have made remind me of our family...did you have anyone in particular in mind when you made them...bahahahaha.....Never mind,don't answer that. = |
    I see why the above comment is Anonymous....giggling and snickering...Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see these treasures featured! I love the goat!

    MAA's better than EMP ( sounds like imp) or steven - SMP (simp)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally went from "A" to "O" when I married your Uncle Tom(who is 1/2 German descent).
    Since my first name starts with a "D", when I sign my initials they spell DO. I have had people tell me to sign my initials in the space NOT A WORD. But I feel as you do, I Love the name because I love the man who gave it to me.
    I love your goat and all his/her friends.
    Aunt Delores

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grandmother of a childhood friend had a problem with the name "Ziegenhorn", whenever she attempted to say it, "Giggenhammer" is what would come out of her mouth. In retrospect, that would have made a really cool first name for one of our boys. If you are reading this Will, Giggenhammer Ziegenhorn would be a great name for your second born.

    ReplyDelete