Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I can move like a vampire!

I can start out in one place and then be across the room in a different position before you blink.................

BUT only under the circumstance of hearing the horrid and unexpected noise of vomiting above me.....

I was lying in the floor watching TV when I heard the most horrible noise which caused me to go from flat on my back to upright standing on the other side of the room all in one motion!

Jack was resting on the couch sick with the flu. I was not moving swiftly to help him.
I was moving to make sure the nastiness was not getting on me.
Unfortunately, I take after my father. The sound, smell and thought of vomit sends me into a dark place. It is my own private, claustrophobic hell. I pushed through this trauma while the kids were little. I am so happy now that they are older and able to take care of their own fluids!!

Jack asked "what happens if I get vomit on the couch?"....
 I said "UMMM, you won't!"
Jack, "but I'm weak"
 Me, "but your not dead".

Jeff picked up his trusty Airborne and OJ on the way home from work. I thought that was code for twinkies and whiskey.

Max is coughing up lungs. I had to shush him several times while I was watching our movie tonight. He said he couldn't breathe after he coughed. I told him to pick one or the other but both were distracting.

4 comments:

  1. what was that show ? AMERICAN GOTHIC...yes,something about your posting reminds me of that show....the scary part that says something like ," Run,Cody,mama's at the door" ....something like that..... boys you can always call Grandmother.....= \

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I did not get my brother's stomach. I can pretty much handle anything like flu, blood, etc. but your Uncle Tom can't even watch those things on TV. Maz, Uncle Tom feels your pain. At least one parent should be able to nurse the children when they are sick or bleeding. Hopefully for Max and Jack that is the case, if not, call Grandmother!!!!!!!! Love you all, Aunt Delores

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got sick just reading this. Thanks a lot. DAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew runs from the room if you say "throw up," "vomit," etc.; if you look as if you might do one of the above; if you mention someone having thought of doing one of the above; and above all if you make a gagging sound of any kind. No way would he read your blog, but if he did, he would find you are the funniest person in the entire world. And he would tell you you should write a book. He would say you should write a book with little vignettes like in your blog and bind them all into one glorious, side-splitting volume.
    E.

    ReplyDelete