Friday, February 11, 2011

La...La....La.....La....The Looooove Boat.....du du du....

VALENTINE WEEKEND........GOING OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT

 Those of you who know me and Jeff are wondering WHO are THESE people ??????....
The girl in the blue is Jeff: 21yrs old with hair (someone might recognize their back porch if they read my blog)
The girl in the black shirt is ME: 18 yrs old before curves (good AND bad)



Anyway, the real purpose of this blog is to blog about my favorite Valentine's Day dinners.
They are not in any order.

*Jeff made me his mom's recipe for manicotti a couple of times....but once was in his dorm room at U of M. It was nice at the time. He hypnotized me with those ocean blue eyes and flippy hair. But now that I think about it, I am totally grossed out! I am borderline clean freak....OK, I am a clean freak. Can you imagine how gross that place probably was???


*Jeff took me to an old house in the woods in a small town on the way to Trenton. I barely remember the food, setting, etc.....I have seen an episode of Criminal Minds that reminds me of the evening...I think....WAIT A MINUTE.....I will have to think about that one some more...


*We got Krystals or Little Ceasar's often! That was fun! Until the food digested........hmmmmm, well......I miss the "poor days".....


*One time, he told me we would go to a nice place "someplace you tip".........we ended up at the Hickory Ridge Mall.......I thought he meant $$ tip....... not advice!!

OK....I got one....."H" and I sent Jeff and "R" on a scavenger hunt around the city (not using names so they can stay out of my craziness). We left clues in stores and restaurants that led them back to the apartment for a dinner. However, all I remember is that I had a migraine and drove down the wrong side of a street, head on into traffic. I was so embarrassed. We are still friends with these people so I guess it all turned out......

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!! Hope you have as much fun as I do!!




3 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture. Such sweet innocence. You both look like you are 12 years old actually. Reuben (not the R in your story), has never tried to cook for me, in a door room or anywhere, or take me to Krystal's for valentines. I shall begin complaining immediately!

    Side story: Once, I went to Krystal's on Getwell and ordered three krystals without meat for him. That was when we were just starting to date. Now that we are married, there's no way I'd do that. Those people looked at me like I was super crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute girls! I do recognize that setting. Spent lots of time in those apartments... not Jeff's... lots of people we knew lived over there at one time or another.

    Epeck (bet you're getting annoyed with my comments - be careful what you ask for)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you crack me up; my husband, who is a whiz at figuring out who people are, took 5 whole minutes to peg ya'll... you have CHANGED, just a little bit. BTW, I'm sure H & R are used to craziness, too. Happy Valentine's Day.
    Our crazy Val Day story from the past involves a gourmet dinner that Scott cooked and that we threw away (it was THAT bad). Like I said, things have changed... sitting down to the BEST steaks in the country (that he grilled) in a minute.

    You are precious and funny and I'm glad you are my friend!

    ReplyDelete