Sunday, February 27, 2011

Saint Margaret

Not many people were aware of it today, but my pastor and another pastor's wife called me a "saint".

OK, if you are a regular reader, you know by now......there is more to this story.....

Our head pastor taught our class and began by telling the story of catching this lady eating a donut. He said she told him that a "SAINT" gave her the idea to start over (eating well) on March 1st........

THAT WAS ME!!!! They called me a SAINT!!!! (sinner tempting with fat and calories)

Saint Margaret!!!

There have been several Saint Margarets throughout history. Jeff came across one in an art museum in Philadelphia years ago. I do not know anything about saints but she has become my favorite (out of knowing none).

Saint Margaret of Antioch
There are many different tellings of her story.  She met the devil in the form of a dragon and he swallowed her whole. The cross helped her escape the belly of the dragon safely. She is associated with pregnant women and childbirth. She is usually depicted with dragons around her.


INTERESTING!!!

Well, when I look at pregnant women....I immediately think...."I would rather be inside a dragon than be pregnant!!" So, I think I have A LOT in common with Saint Margaret of Antioch!!






1 comment:

  1. Margaret,Margaret,Margaret...... =| yo Momma..luvu..You are so hysterical and funny,too! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete