Sunday, May 1, 2011

Everybody....calm down!

One of my favorite and wise parenting techniques is "mocking your children".

As a professional, I have also turned it into a behavior technique!!
I would love to share it with all my readers.
Almost everyone finds themselves in situations where they feel they have been personally wronged and feelings of anger burn in the pit of your stomach.

For example:
if you are pulled over for going 60 in a 45.....use my technique.
if you receive a bad grade on a report...use my technique.

THE TECHNIQUE:
stand up, turn around to face everyone, put your arms straight out to your side, straighten out your fingers and loudly say "everybody....calm down!"

WHY?.....you ask...

well, it makes my husband and I giggle

it makes my oldest son grumpy and disgusted

WHY?....you ask....

because of this video about 10 years ago....(my oldest son is the one being pulled down the slide)

3 comments:

  1. Hope that works with this tornadic weather headed for us.I am in the front yard yelling....but it is still coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! my "little" grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete