Saturday, May 7, 2011

Quilt for a baby goat.....

I thought I was the only one that made quilts for goats....


This past Monday, I went to my local UPS store to ship the baby quilt and goat to my new nephew!!

I was so excited! I was filled with excitement that Kidd would soon be able to slobber, roll....whatever...on the quilt that I have been working on for the entire winter!! I reluctantly was shipping the goat. I know I could do a better job but I also know that he would be way too old by the time I made another one....

The UPS employee came back to the counter with everything packed into this thin box, slapped the label on and took my money.....

Another emotion washed over me.....what was it.....I am not used to it....

a girly......"awwwwww"

Like people feel for animals or babies...

I had a moment of grief.....or remorse....or something.....I rarely..if EVER have felt it...so I can't put it to words...

ANYWAY....the package SHOULD have arrived in LA, California.. yesterday (friday)....

Here are the pictures........
(don't look too close! i don't follow patterns, i hand sew, design, etc....lots of mistakes!)


 the colorful tags (grosgrain ribbon) are for baby to play with! my Jack always went straight for the tags when he was a baby!!


 Proud Aunt Margaret holding baby.......
Well.....as close as I will get....HA HA!!

2 comments:

  1. HA HA..you did a MAGnificent job,Margaret! I love the baby goat........I know that the parents' will love and enjoy this. But MOST of all baby Kidd will have a ball on that gorgeous blankie! ( You are a HOOT! great way to show off these things....) Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's truly fantastic!!! I want one!
    E

    ReplyDelete