Friday, May 20, 2011

My name is MAZ and I have an addiction....

well I have many but todays topic will be the addiction of home remodeling.....or something like that...

.......I caused my husband's baldness

The kids get busy doing their thing and then I think "ooh, I could do this to the house and make it look better and it would not cost us any money!".....(if only the ideas would work out...)

through the years, Jeff has come home from work and found large book shelves moved to the middle of the room....because I could not move them further..

sofas stuck in the kitchen...because I could not move it further

a large cabinet stuck in the hallway and the babies and I trapped on the other side...starving...because I could not move it further...earlier in the day..

rooms halfway painted

tiles ripped off the wall.....and then he has to finish the project because we "found a problem"

carpets ripped up...

old sofas "dyed".....that did NOT work....thought I could "recover" the couch.....NIGHTMARE....

I have done really well lately to keep my hands busy with school, sewing and reading and other useful activities....

However, Max has been sick for the past 3 weeks....and....well......

The linoleum in our back room that we have had for 10 years has been speaking to me....
"it wouldn't cost a thing to pull me up....whatever is under me couldn't be worse than the Brady Bunch look!"

I made sure Max had a bowl of food and water.....and got my box cutter and garbage bag......I started pulling up the linoleum...

The excitement filled me! The adrenaline! The rush! The HIGH!!!

.....what is this??
The tiles spoke to me..."we aren't even glued down....pull us up....there is an old wood floor under here!!.....you can stain it "as is", seal it...and it will have that OLD factory look that you want!! do it...do it....do it...."

I was shaking with delight! I could not wait to pop those suckers up!!......I ignored the musty smell.....

........oh crap......what the....shnike.......

dialed the phone
"hello?"

"Jeff, Do you love me?"

"yes!"

"Do you really love me?"

"What did you do?"


.................i think there will be another delay on our second bathroom......sigh......




2 comments:

  1. It's not THAT bad. Maybe a little more retro than you had in mind. Just go with the EARLY American look.

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind... The first step is admitting you have a problem. We can get you help.
    E

    ReplyDelete