Monday, May 7, 2012

JUST TURN THE LIGHT ON!

When I was about 8 yrs old (?), I was home alone with my two older sisters.

Now, I don't remember WHAT started the event I am about to share with you, but I know NOW that I was very good at being a bratty little sister.....
so I am sure I had it coming!

During a "fuss", my oldest sister pushed me in the bathroom, locked the door (inside lock on knob), turned off the light (next to the door inside the bathroom) and shut me in the dark!!

I sat in the bathroom screaming and crying in hysterics.

I don't know how long this lasted, but I DO remember my sister yelling "just turn the light on and unlock the door!"

DUH!!


This memory returns to me often!
The feelings of frustration and stupidity rush over me EVERY TIME!

I was way too old to sit there in the dark and throw a fit!

The issue was NOT that I was being tortured....
It was NOT that I had tried and could not get free....

The issue was that I had lost control!
I was not the one doing the torture, I was being tortured!

I have not learned my lesson.

Every day I close myself in the dark and lock the door and then throw a fit because I have lost control
of my eating
of my patience
of my schedule
of my money
of my.....

YEP! the other problem????

It isn't MY....anything.

Every day I have to stop yelling, get up off the floor,TURN ON THE LIGHT and unlock the door.


AND when I open the door, I don't see a sister laughing and rolling her eyes in disgust
 (no judgment....it was funny and ridiculous)...


I see Jesus patiently waiting on me......

4 comments:

  1. Best post ever!!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...the Lord told me to do that and not ask questions. He told me it would all be for your good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have and am so enjoying my three very different daughters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, I just want you to know that your oldest sister learned those things from her father. He used to scare the daylights out of me in a dark hallway. I do love this post, it is so true, and I am thankful that Jesus waits for me too.

    Alma

    ReplyDelete