Saturday, August 4, 2012

BACK TO SCHOOL TIME!!!

When I taught in the schools, I loved back to school time!

I loved buying teaching supplies, organizing lesson plans and schedules, and setting up my room
(except for the year that I had no room and was forced to teach in a stairwell.....boys that had spent time in juvy.....that is the year I retired)

ANYWAY
The OTHER years...
I liked the anticipation and excitement that came with not knowing the kind of students I would be teaching.

I LOVED getting to know them...

and then by the end of September, I had labeled (not out loud of course) the kids that I was excited to see each day, and the kids that I hoped miss the bus.

I don't have that luxury now.

I know EVERY year EXACTLY what kind of students I will be teaching....

And sometimes I long for the criminals in the dimly lit stairwell)
I blame the parents

3 comments:

  1. IT'S NEVER THE PARENTS; IT'S NOT THE STUDENTS EVER! IT IS ALWAYS THE TEACHER AND ADMINISTRATORS TO BLAME! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it, Mr. Butch! Spoken like a true smarty pants educator! Madge, I love your class!

    ReplyDelete