Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wish I had been at THAT funeral!

Last night I attended a meeting in a local church.  As the speaker began giving the important information that had drug me out at my bedtime, I noticed something in the floor behind him.  Dirt!

And off my imagination went.....causing me to miss all the needed information.

Dirt.
Why would there be a pile of dirt by the altar?

ASHES!
What religious ceremony would cause a need for ashes on the floor......

CREMATION!
I started to imagine a funeral. Solemn. Quiet. Serious. Sad.
Then the pastor spills the ashes...

no! a grieving family member spills the ashes...

no! two family members fight over the ashes and end up spilling some of "grandma" on the floor...

Oh how I wished I could have been at this imaginary funeral.

Then I was snapped back to reality as the speaker said:
"I don't usually dress in all black, but we had a funeral here today."

BaHAHAHAH!

whoops. did I laugh out loud?



2 comments:

  1. Or it's dirt, cuz they knocked over a dang plant, ya morbid psycho...
    Good thing I like morbid psychos!
    E

    ReplyDelete