Sunday, August 29, 2010

creating a food addict???

I may have recently had a breakthrough on my 16 year struggle with food addiction!! I have lost 22 pounds but more importantly I have gone to many restaurants, celebrations and even on vacation in which I have turned down my favorites: fries, chips, pop tarts, donuts, fried fast food picks, sweet tea, sodas, sugar, butter, and just plain junk food!! AND in the absence of vegetables and fruit......I have longed for them!! I even ordered turnip greens at a restaurant......... a first for me!!! I didn't even eat them when my mom prepared them for FREE!!!

HOWEVER.........THIS WEEK AND WEEKEND......I REALIZED I AM CREATING A FOOD ADDICT IN MY OWN HOME.......

Alright, I knew that already.....and I have only allowed healthy food in my home since June BUT it was Jack's birthday so I gave him his favorite things.......

Jack was born on my dad's birthday so we always have a wonderful and fun double celebration! Jack looks forward to it every year!!
We do Corky's for my dad (I have done that every year since 1987). We did that last Sunday. Jack ate a 1/2 order ribs.

Friday, August 27, 2010
We celebrate with dad, with Jack's favorite....TACO BELL
Jack ate: mexican pizza, 2 bean burritos and a soft taco
THEN......
a huge double chocolate chip cookie cake with butter cream chocolate icing in the middle and on top!


Saturday, August 28, 2010
We woke Jack up at 8:30am with breakfast in bed....special order from Gibson's Donuts BEST IN MEMPHIS!!!


Texas size birthday donut with 2 regular size donuts....



Not sure if he is in pain from the sight of food or being up so early as a 13 year old!!

Then at noon we celebrated with Gran and Pop Pop Ziegenhorn at TACO BELL.
He ate a bean burrito and a soft taco because he was still full from the breakfast!!
THEN.....



a chocolate, chocolate, chocolate cake after lunch!!!


So for his birthday dinner, Jeff made him homemade fried rice!!




and he tried some more of his texas-size donut!!


He was allowed that one can of coke and he made it last the whole day!!  Not sure if he had a good birthday or not.......I was grossed out watching him eat all that food!! 

He did get this as a gift:

but with the other things I have shown you......I probably could have saved my $2.99!!




1 comment:

  1. gagging from the thoughts of the sweets....But I am SURE that he had a super terrific b'day with the coke, sweets, and TACO BELL !! I wonder how he will feel for the next few days ?? Happy Birthday again,Jack! ( the home-cooked fried rice sounds yummy! ) yo momma

    ReplyDelete