Wednesday, August 4, 2010

big things come in small packages


See the blue "T" shaped item? Some of you might not have experience in this area....it is a "T-tube" for an ear. It creates a hole to allow air to get behind the ear drum. The orange item is a treasure chest that the ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor) puts the tube in when it comes out. Then the "tube fairy" leaves a present or money under the pillow. 
NO!!! the penny is not the present. It is for size reference in this picture. AND if you look closely, there is ear gunk in the orange box....WHY? because I am gross!!



That is ear tube #7 that Max just had surgery for this May (right ear). We went to the ENT yesterday for a check up on an ear infection in the other ear (left ear). THIS right tube was already out.

Since MAY there has been a new "T" tube "invented" and we will now try this tube on August 25th in Max's 8th surgery..... I think........... I am writing them down....but I am starting to lose count.....

We also received some sad but not TOO bad news. I don't THINK it is permanent. 
Max's left ear looks worse than his right ear. He has a huge hole that has opened up. 
1. This is good because he doesn't need that left tube now (the tube's purpose is to create the hole to get air behind the ear drum).
2. It is bad because it is huge and causing the ear infections and now has caused some hearing loss. The ENT can not do surgery to close it up at this point because of the problems occurring in the right ear but he will have to have surgery in the next couple of years on his left ear to close up the hole.

I often wonder how Max really feels about all this....
It really makes me tired. I feel bad for him. It stresses me out. He gets 2 shots a week, can't have pets, can't put his head under water, misses out on things because of illnesses.....

But when I ask Max how he feels or what he is thinking, blah, blah....
He always says. "I am fine"...."It's OK"....."I will have fun".....
He always makes the best out of everything. 

Either he has the best attitude in the world and is truly happy or we ALL better watch our backs one day!!!




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it. Poor fella. And yeah, he never seems to miss a beat! LOL!

    :P

    ReplyDelete