Thursday, July 7, 2011

Slumdog Millionaire


I just recently watched this movie on Netflix.

I did not know anything about the story, so I was pleasantly surprised!

At one point, the main character was "kept" from getting his favorite actor's autograph. He went "BELOW" and BEYOND to get that once in a lifetime opportunity!! (excuse the promo...only video of my favorite clip that I could find)

I enjoyed this movie. It was entertaining and yet heart breaking on how horrible other countries live. 
No matter how poor someone is in America....they are still rich compared to the poor in other countries!!


There are so many countries that live like this....slums....everyday life....not for fun.....not for vacation.....

My heart went out to the REAL people......

Then, within a few days, I was busy around the house and as usual:

my boys: "can I play the computer, xbox?"

me: "um, no...not during the day...go use your brain...go build...play!"

Later that day.....

CUE MUSIC FROM PSYCHO......reee reee reee reee







 above is where they have been sleeping...great for the kid with allergies : / 
Four of my rooms, a hallway, all my blankets and sheets, and the back cushions of one of my couches have been taken over for the tent village. The plan is for it to stay this way for the rest of the summer (our summer lasts until Labor Day). 

If they start throwing garbage on the ground and jumping into the sewage...I might have to put a stop to all the fun!!





3 comments:

  1. HUMMMM I see someone else uses those floor mats to keep little boys from hurting themselves when they FLING themselves to the ground.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! nothing against you....but if my kids ever flung themselves to the ground...it was their last!! That is considered a fit! Throwing fits are not tolerated around here!!
    The floor mats are better than rugs (for allergies) they can be swept and mopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to India next week! That is AWESOME!
    E

    ReplyDelete