Friday, December 11, 2009

WARNING: possible TMI

I will warn you now......This is a post on medical issues. As you all know, I share everything! If you are embarrassed or grossed out by hearing about biology....then don't read my post!!!

For a month and a half, I have been having tests done. They found blood in my urine and I do not have any other symptoms. I had 5 urine tests, 2 pelvics, an ultrasound and a cysto (cameras in the bladder). One of the tests came back with 22 times the amount of blood cells than I should have had. They were looking for cancer. Today's test cleared me of cancer!!!! WOO HOO! They did not find any tumors or cancer. He said that I had swelling and redness. I have a bacteria infection and have been put on antibiotics for 90 days.

So.........of course I have a CLASSIC MAZ situation to share. Today they did a cysto on my bladder. They numb the area and then insert two cameras. I had to sit in this crazy chair. They put my legs in stirrups and raised my rear to the ceiling and dropped my head to the floor. The nurse put the numbing gel in the appropriate area, covered my legs, turned the light off and left the room (waiting for the anesthesia to work). So I am laying in this completely crazy position, in the dark, freezing as "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" is blaring through the speakers. I found it very funny! I will forever associate this song with the "image" of today!!

Jeff and I are very relieved with the diagnosis. The nurse and doctor said they WERE looking for cancer due to other tests that were done. They had called me 2 days earlier and said the doctor would like to meet with me after the tests. I was prepared for the worst. I might be a pessimist but I figure......If you are prepared for the worst, then there are no surprises. AND if it isn't the worst....then whatever it is.......is MUCH better!! I am happy for the 3 months of antibiotic and a few days of painful pee pee!!

I am not going to say that God blessed me....since I don't have cancer. I believe that even if I did have cancer...I would have received many blessings from the lessons, trials and leaning on HIM!!!

OH! and best of all......my pee pee will be blue for the next few days!!! That is cool!





3 comments:

  1. you are right about blessed -lessons from the "worst" diagnoses/the main blessing being that HE/HIMSELF is with you through all that we are allowed to go through....I know that you learned that right along with me....HOWEVER ,His MERCIES have been extended,once again to this family...I am humbled by His love for us..no matter what. I love you and I am relieved that this is over...for now.........yumomma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, I'm so glad you're okay.
    When you see your blue pee pee sing to yourself in your best Elvis voice, "I'll -a-have a blluuuuee Christmas, without youuu."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Margaret--I'm anonymous above--I don't have a blog so I didn't know how to post otherwise. -Kristy Ziegler

    ReplyDelete