Wednesday, December 16, 2009

To be honest......I was VERY surprised!!


(above: Jack warming up!)
(above: Max playing in the beginner band....he is one of two trumpets)

My boys picked up an instrument and read music for the first time EVER in October. They played in a concert last night and did VERY well!! Max was in the beginner band and elementary choir. He knew all his notes and all of the words to each song!! He played GREAT!!
Jack was in the beginner band, concert band, jazz band and concert choir. He was the only clarinet (now there is one more) so he was asked to play in all the bands. He learned ALL the music for ALL the bands!! He sounded FANTASTIC!!

I have to admit. I was not expecting much last night. The band just started in October. These kids worked very hard and many of them have never played before!!

This is the one and only "group" for home school in which I participate. I have found that I do not "blend" well with other home school families (ha! I don't "play" well with anybody, actually). This has not been that bad. I still have to keep my mouth shut at times.......or I go home regretting something I have said. This has been a great growing experience for me!

It has been VERY worth it!! My kids love playing their instruments!!

I have MANY more pics but I am not sure the other parents would be pleased with their kids being on the internet!! This blog IS read all over the world!! :)

1 comment:

  1. send ME the pics !!! I was very impressed with the WHOLE program !! I am still tasting cinnamon! from the fruitcake song...the whole thing was such fun !!!! Gmom

    ReplyDelete