Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Depp, Wahlberg, Wahlberg

(movies are rated on a 0 to 5 scale)
Sunday night we watched Public Enemies starring Johnny Depp. Before I give my review, I must tell you about my best friend Johnny.

I had a dream a while back about Johnny Depp. My family was sitting in a stadium next to Depp's family. Jeff and Johnny's wife went to get drinks for the two families. Johnny and I started talking. We had many things in common. He was really nice, funny and normal. He did not act at all like he was a movie actor. The two of us decided that our families would get together to grill out one night. I woke up from my dream. Ever since then, Johnny has been a dear, personal friend of mine.

However, that being said, I did not like the movie Public Enemies (Single-Disc Edition)
. I think Johnny did a fine job but there was not much of a story. Yes, I know, we all know the story. It is a great story, but for some reason, this movie could not tell it!! There were snapshots of a great story. It just did not deliver!!
I give this movie: 3 "walks right by the police".



Monday night we watched Shooter (Widescreen Edition)
starring Mark Wahlberg. This will become one of my favorite "shoot em up" movies. It had great action, great one liners, fun acting, and a pretty good story!! Mark Wahlberg has the "tough/cool" accent, he is a bad a-- with any weapon, he has done well with his physique, and he has redefined "slow motion" scenes....creating my new favorite "slow mo, cool entrance, Wahlberg scene". Half way through the movie I decided I would get a gun and learn to shoot. In my second life, I will be either an assassin or a sharp shooter!
I give this movie: 5 "silent killings".

starring Mark Wahlberg. This was actually a pretty good movie. It had a good story. It had some great "shooting" scenes and one really great broken bone scene!! It also had my favorite "slow mo, cool entrance, Wahlberg scene"
I give this movie: 4 "caps in yo a--".

1 comment:

  1. this is really to Max: Jack with matches ????? Your Momma with a gun ??? do you need to live with me??? call me on your cell!! ( oh,that is right! YOU have swords and Vicky!! gmom

    ReplyDelete