Friday, December 18, 2009

stockings were hung by the........

Well, our stockings are hung on coat hooks in our dining room......no chimney.......but they were made with love and care!!
I made Jeff a stocking our first Christmas we were married. I have one that my mom made when I was little.
I made Jack's when I was pregnant with him. I made Max's before his first Christmas.
We got Cotton (Jack's cat) on a New Year's weekend. I made her a stocking a couple of years after we had her. I did not have anymore felt material at the time. I did not care much for her.....she got a stocking made out of scraps. I stitched lights around her name in the hopes she would have the same outcome as the cat in the Christmas Vacation movie.
I made Vicki's stocking last month. She digs holes and buries things in the yard, so she got a bone shaped stocking and bones on the Christmas tree.
Jack immediately noticed that the dog's stocking is bigger than the cat's stocking.
Vicki has nosed her way right into all our hearts. Even my tiny Grinch heart!!
I was trying to take a picture of the boys before their concert and she insisted on being in the picture.....
Yes I know the lighting is horrible. We don't have any lights in our living room (2 lamps). Long story.....another blog post!

The cat has always "rested" under our Christmas tree. This year, Vicki has tried to join her too many times. Before we put presents under the tree, Cotton would sit in the Nativity and hiss at the dog!!
.....Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!!!




1 comment:

  1. ahhh! YOU DO HAVE A HEART FOR ANIMALS!! your stockings are beautiful!!! mom

    ReplyDelete