Friday, June 10, 2011

I smell that! and I know who did it!!

....sigh....I hope I don't lose readers on this one....but as I was lying in my living room floor for 3 hours this afternoon....completely exhausted....another metaphor hit me (you know I love metaphors)

A church family is like a real family! Sometimes they can really make you mad. You may feel like you want to leave and go to another "family/church".....they aren't doing it the right way....find another church that is doing it the right way....

Every church farts....I have learned my church farts and who did what smell....and what it means!

".....GROSS! I need to stay out of that area!"

"......whew....come back in a few minutes..."

".....oh goodness...hold your breath and it will be over soon."



Everyone has their highs and lows....

This week has been one of my lowest....spiritually and physically....

AND lucky for me (I say sarcastically)....it was also VBS week at my church! I was part of the skit team and needed to be silly, goofy, happy, and upbeat for at least 3 hours every day.  I know I failed miserably, but thankfully...my costumes and "dry humor" possibly(??) covered for me.....

I have failed you...my readers...in that I do not have ANY pictures of me:
bike helmet
life vest
rain pants, pulled up to my armpits
swim float around my waist
garden boots with argil socks

None of this matters in today's post...

Every morning, I had my closest friends, my acquaintances, new friends, strangers, and YES irritants....to hold me to my commitment and to bring out the happiness and joy....if it had not been for them, I would have been at home all week....wallowing in pity, stress and pure MAZness!

So, thank you Second Presbyterian Church family for your love, friendship.....and farts!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm,it sounds suspiciously like the week before with us...your biological family....soooo, sorry!! I guess you are getting stronger since none of this has killed you! so far....... luvu
    I am VeRRRRYYYY sad.....no pictures!! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. no.....I might not have made it clear...my personal struggles were separate from anything at the church....the church and everything it IS was wonderful for me this week!! The familiar "farts" were a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I gave Avery his gas medicine.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, it wasn't me!!!
    Second, I can read between lines!
    Third, I agree with mama-no pictures, really? You can do better then that. I know a friend with pictures.
    Fourth, did you have to make the backdrop brown?
    Fifth, it was a good week. You were fantastic! It wouldn't have worked without you!
    Ykw

    ReplyDelete