Thursday, September 22, 2011

In Memory


We lost a member of the family on Sunday...and it was my fault!

Jack:
"mom, will you trim my hair?"
Me:
"Ok,....I don't know....sure....are you sure?"
Jack:
"just a little bit, like it was last summer..."

I start cutting.....I don't let him look in the mirror.....

oops.......oh, no!

Me:
"Jack, it is too short!....It looks horrible!"
Jack:
"let me see!"
Me:
"no! let me fix it..."

snip...snip...snip..."crap"

Jack looks in mirror, laughs......mom, that IS short...it's ok....

I start crying. He has the BEST attitude.
A 14 yr old girl would be in hysterics right now!!
He is trying to comfort me which makes it worse.
I tell him he can play video games as much as he wants the rest of his life!!

He showers....I look at it washed....NOPE!!

Me:
"Jack, you look horrible! you look like a girl or a PDS kid." (an all boys school here..they all wear their hair the same and they are young...he is too old to look like that)

I call my mom, crying. I ask her to take him to get it cut by a professional to FIX it....(I am not going..I would be embarrassed for the professional to see the mother that did this to her teenage son).

MORAL OF THE STORY:
You can cut coupons, you can cut your budget....you can cut your own hair!!
Don't cut your 14 year old son's hair that he has been growing for over a year!


Here is Jack with the professional haircut!
(no pics of what I did!)





4 comments:

  1. Margaret - I once was cutting my maybe-8-year-old son's hair with electric clippers, changing out the guard as I moved up to the top of his head...forgot the guard...and gouged a perfect "little" 1 x 2 inch patch all the way to the scalp. I gasped, and my 5-year old son who was watching burst into tears. That was not our best day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that is hilarious! I enjoy hearing about other peoples trauma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can corroborate the above story! I saw the gouge - not pretty! I think it's ironic that you cut his long hair and say that it looks like a girl AFTER the fact!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. because, SMARTY PANTS....we, that don't have issues with long hair, can appreciate the "boy long hair"....however, when I cut it...it was "Dorthy Hamill/1970s/ice skater/hair"

    ReplyDelete