Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jumping into the Christmas tree....

I'm getting older and starting to tell the same stories....so if you have heard this one...you can skip to the next chapter!

When I was about 3 years old, I got so angry I jumped off this lady's stairs and INTO her Christmas tree!

My kids love this story because I am a strict mother and I would have spanked them "up one leg and back down the other" if they had ever done anything like that!!

The story?

It is simple. The lady gave my two sisters clown dolls that she made and gave me a butterfly necklace....

This was not acceptable.

She had stairs with a landing. I flung myself off the landing and into her Christmas tree.
(not quite like this....but close...no star...and not happy)

That is all I remember. I have no idea if I was punished when my mother came to pick us up. I know my sisters were there. I remember a shocked look on my oldest sister's face.

I was recently reminded of this because I have always had anger issues. Anger rises in me with a boiling feeling that starts in the pit of my stomach.

Sometimes, I have much to regret.
Sometimes, I find myself funny...

Most of the time, I find the anger of others funny...

Yesterday, I witnessed the anger of an individual....I will admit that he was an individual with special needs. I have worked with the special needs population most of my life. WHO he is did not have anything to do with his circumstance. It only altered the situation because he handled it openly, in public, for everyone to hear....

I laughed. It was funny! I was sure that we have all been in his situation: mad at our job, frustrated, angry. Most of us would have had the conversation in our heads! I have not been diagnosed with special needs BUT I tend to handle it in the open like this young man....

Young man gathering the grocery carts. He walks away to get more. The carts begin to roll.
"Stay."
He walks away to gather more carts and stack them together. They are crooked and won't line up.
"Stop it!"
He tries to readjust the carts. He becomes frustrated. He shakes the carts back and forth.
"You're ruining my life!"
He walks away and then quickly turns to face the carts....he lowers his voice and glares at the carts..
"Stop telling lies about me!"

Now before you all think I am horrible for finding this humorous, I will explain again...
I felt the need to "jump into the Christmas tree"!!


I was sitting in the car with my window rolled down and I wanted to say "I know! They do tell lies!"....but I don't like it when people get involved in my anger issues....he didn't look like he wanted visitors in his!

I felt his anger, I felt the frustration....


3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! that CRACKED ME UP! that was, by the way, the funniest scene in elf!!! I think like the parking lot guy, too! Says a lot!!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL.....at this story.....you are such a fantastic writer! and a great jumper....:( although inappropriate.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! I have moments like this I just never get them on paper.
    Les

    ReplyDelete