Thursday, September 1, 2011

Classic MAZ forgets her bubble suit

I don't see why people think Monk is weird. I feel his pain!

We spent 5 hours at Lebonheur (hospital) today.

I know...you all tuned in to read about Max and his medical update....I'll get to that....but I suffered a little today too....

I got up this morning and made hot sugar water (forgot to put the tea bags in the tea maker...ugggh!).
Headed to the appointment without caffeine and sweet tea (it is all I have left...I have given up all my other addictions....unless you have picked up on some others...keep it to yourself).

As I am signing in for the appointment, several other mothers arrive and grab masks out of a container...

hmmmmmm...ok, what do I do....this is obviously a choice....I would love a mask....is this only for certain patients...would it be rude or weird if I take 3 and Jeff, Max and I wear a mask? I secretly look around and only 3 out of about 15 kids are wearing masks...I figure it is because of their illness!

When I taught at a school with medically fragile kids, I did weird stuff all the time and they would just laugh at me "crazy Mrs. Z".....I felt I would not get the same loving affection here....

I am called back to sign some more papers. I start looking at all the files and papers laying on the desk while I am waiting......I realize all the diseases that are passing through this area.....

I go sit....I just took out my hand sanitizer when I switched purses!! shoot!! I also did not have toilet seat liners, my lysol spray, latex gloves.........

Then they called our name and I snapped out of it......my lamaze breathing would have to do....

Our appointment turned into a 5 hour appointment!
Loved everyone that worked with us! It just took that long because of thinking and conferring!
I have many things to say and report on....but ALAS....1/2 my readers have connections to these doctors and hospital...so I will keep it to myself.......harumph!


We still don't know anything....but they did more blood work and a chest xray.
They seem to be looking for illness/disease caused by ticks and then if all those come back negative, then they will start on viruses.

We go back next Thursday!

The doctor was impressed with my "nerdy" calendar that I created to track Max's sick and well days. He even made a copy!



4 comments:

  1. Well thank god they are trying to find out what is going on! I've been thinking about you guys!
    ~Amie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amie! It was fascinating to be able to listen to the two doctors think and talk and strategize. I loved that part of it...it took a long time but it did not matter since it was spent "working" on finding out what was wrong with Max. The only bad part of the day was that Max had a pop tart at 8am and I was an idiot (did not bring snack) and he did not get to eat again until 3pm! He seriously felt he was going to starve to death and die in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been ALOT of people (ok 4 or 5) at FE with Lyme disease. I think most of them have cabins at Pickwick. Been hiking at Big Hill Pond lately???
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. he was tested for ALL diseases related to tick and they all came back negative including Lyme.....and yes...Big Hill Pond, Natchez Trace, a canoe trip....

    ReplyDelete