Saturday, October 3, 2009

I AM ALICE

Like most kids, I dreamed of being a rock star. The difference in my dream is.....it is seriously STILLl my dream. Sounds crazy? Well it is true. If I could do or be anything I wanted to be, I would be a rock star!! I love rock music! I actually love all music except Opera, Country and Christian Pop . My biggest obstacle is that I can not sing.

I recently thought about this dream of mine because I am turning 36 this month. Most people are on the road or headed to what they want to accomplish in life. I have already accomplished what I want! I have 2 great boys and the best husband. Other than those 3 guys......there isn't anything else important on this earth. (except you who are reading this of course)

So back to my "dream life".
Cindi Lauper was 36 years old when she entered the rock n roll world. So I could do it!! Age is not an issue.
Johnny Cash, Green Day, Nirvana, and many others could not sing. But they have great music!! So I could do it!! Voice is not an issue.
There are "not-so-beautiful" famous rockers. So I could do it!! Looks are not an issue.
I love to wear grungy clothes and mix them into my own fashion. I love to dye my hair different colors. So I could do it!!

I even have a stage name. ALICE....(you know like, Reba, Cher, Kiss)
It is my middle name. I never liked it growing up. Not sure why. Maybe I thought it sounded old. I probably did not like it because I did not know any other people named Alice. AND Margaret people were either nerdy or old ladies.
Alice has become my alter ego....or maybe the real me. Margaret looks plain and wears simple plain clothes. Alice would love to wear "goth" or "punk" clothes and make up!!
Margaret tries to not draw attention to herself and does not like people to look at her.
Alice would love to ROCK out on stage in front of millions. Alice would have a bass player, drummer and electric guitar player. Margaret has frizzy fro out of control curly hair with grey highlights. Alice would have straight hair. Blond with colorful stripes. Margaret rarely wears make up. And if she does, it is only eyeliner and lipstick. Alice would outline her eyes with the dark black pencil and wear dark lipstick. Margaret wears whatever Walmart and Target have on clearance. Alice would wear multicolored t-shirts, skirts, tights and boots. Margaret does not like to leave her house. Alice would love being famous and travel all over the world.

I wonder if Alice will ever appear.......



4 comments:

  1. I did not realize that you watched Punkie Breewster ???? yomomma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did sort of dress like that in junior high!! I think moving to Memphis and being tortured at Gtown made me become plain.....to not fit in but not stand out.....
    WOW that sounds ridiculously psycho....
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to be Joan Jett at 13. At 40 I think I'd rather sound like Norah Jones jazz or Joanna Hogg of IONA.....Celtic ethereal sounding. I haven't thought about a stage name yet. HUMM looks like I need to ponder this further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Cyndi Lauper is your aspiration....I'd say you can be a success! LOL!

    :p

    ReplyDelete