Thursday, September 8, 2011

Turtle necks, button downs, and pantyhose

Turtle necks, button down shirts and pantyhose/tights were the worst things I could think of wearing when I was younger.

IT ITCHES!!!

I would squirm and scratch and whine from toddler years through college years and even some of my adult days....

I have learned to wear these items and now, I even like to wear turtle necks.....they are comfortable ...

We all have our sensory issues and comfort zones...

This summer has been very uncomfortable for me and you may have witnessed me flouncing around screaming "it itches!!"......sorry ....and there may be more episodes...

Even though the trials of the summer have not been tragic, they have made me very uncomfortable and "itchy".....and no matter how hard I have tried...I have not been able to loosen the tight turtle neck, soften the stiff button down, or rip off the binding tights!! I must wear them. I must learn that either they will become comfortable or I will eventually be able to put my sweatpants and t-shirt on when the time is right!!






Side note......We had our last meeting (as far as we know) with the doctor at Lebonheur. 
Thankfully, all of the tests done on Max came back negative. The doctor advised us how to deal with individuals that have reoccurring illnesses. 
Thankfully, I am naturally this way (scheduled, not pampering, etc). He does not expect to need to see Max again. 
There is not a diagnosis. 
We look at this as a good thing, because that means he will get better and is probably already getting better! He feels fine now...thankfully!!

However, I like answers.....so this is one more thing I am learning to wear....

I am itchy.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can so relate but with totally different fleas.
    Les

    ReplyDelete