Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Please keep names and spirits in order....

Just a quick note:

last night, we were having a "family Bible time", devotion, resorting priorities, whatever you call it....


anyway, Max shared a story he "remembered"....however some facts and names became jumbled and this is how it was presented:

"you know, the story of the lady that did the black magic? Paul was mad because he couldn't kill Daniel so he hired the lady to raise Moses from the dead!!"

Jeff and I looked at each other. I was instantly intrigued! You know I love stories about black magic...raising of the dead....
Jeff began to try to sort out the story for Max, but Max became upset that he was being told that he was wrong.
Neither Jeff, nor I remembered any story like this in the Bible!!

Me: "where did you hear this?", instantly thinking some crazy toast taught him in Sunday School, of course!
Max: "you taught me last year! I read it for school!"

WHA?

I started googling "black magic/paul/moses on the computer..
Jeff started researching the Bible...

Jeff found the story...
It was SAUL mad because he could not kill DAVID. He hired a lady to do black magic and God allowed her to raise Samuel from the dead (because God is always in control!)

It is a great story and after reading it, I remembered it....

Jeff corrected the jumbled memories for Max and made sure he understood the story.
I praised Max for his memory and paying attention in school!! (when I clearly did not!)
Then I turned to Jack...

"Jack, why didn't you read this in school last year?"
Jack:
"I probably did! I just thought it was something I watched in Mulan! They raise spirits on that movie. That is a good movie....I enjoy it!"

Oh, good grief!! Jack and his spiritual recall......
"did I get that from the Bible or Mulan?"

No comments:

Post a Comment