Thursday, April 7, 2011

There is something on your face...

I would like to share a picture I have taken recently....

I have a niece that is a very talented pianist!!

I can say that and you as a reader will not EVER know the meaning of these words......you WILL one day when you read about her scientific discoveries and then the most popular reporter of that day goes to her mansion overlooking a ranch filled with horses to interview her and they ask her to sit down at her gorgeous piano and "share a little of her hobby" and then the world will weep as we hear her play the most beautiful piano music you have ever heard......

ANYWAY....right now....she is 14 years old....I snuck in the sanctuary the other day while she was practicing........I waited...she finished her song. I fist pumped the air and hooted like I was at a football game. I am sure she rolled her eyes...I couldn't see....

I walked closer to her and requested that she play Rachmaninoff. I sat down in the pew and my eyes began to water. It was beautiful. She was beautiful.......then I really looked at her....

What the????

What was hanging off her mouth??

She finished playing and I approached her....what do you say to a 14 year old girl? I knew better than to say "what is on your face?"

As I got closer......I realized...
It was her saxophone reed!! She was multi-tasking!! Concert band was next and she was soaking her reed!!

YES!! She is a very talented saxophone player and singer as well!!





3 comments:

  1. YOU two!! I love this............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is a beautiful soul.
    Aunt Delores

    ReplyDelete
  3. HANNAH BANANA my lovely talented granddaughter. Thanks Marg for the post Granddad

    ReplyDelete