Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God, a gorilla and drugs......

How can growing closer to God, a gorilla suit, and a migraine have so much in common???

ONE WONDERFUL WEEKEND AT VICTORY RANCH!!

The men were kept busy all weekend in a shootout!! We never heard them but probably because we were much louder than any of their guns!!

(no! this isn't me...but I won't tell WHO it is...she told me not to post it...oops...)
We had to race to get the best bunk....my friend got the bottom bunk because of her "special" Peter Pan moves.....
That is fine! I don't mind having the top bunk. That way, I can FEEL when someone is trying to DO SOMETHING to me!!........like this poor lady.....someone came back to her room to find someTHING in her bed!!



This gorilla had been "terrorizing" the camp earlier in the evening....



Well, Sunday morning rolls around and I woke with sinus pressure and a migraine. Soon the migraine turned horrible. My friend asked me what I needed. I quietly said "pain killers....I need pain killers"

NARCOTICS!!!!! WE NEED NARCOTICS!!!! She started yelling for drugs all through the cabin! Even though I felt so horrible I started laughing!! Here we were at a church retreat and my friend was yelling for narcotics.

At first, a few ladies offered Bayer, Tylenol....."no, those won't do"

My friend: "PAIN KILLERS, ANYONE?"

She came back with offers of Vicodin, Loritab, Percocet.....my friends!! Funny how the secrets can come out!! HA HA HA!!!

Within 2 hours (the last 2 hours of the weekend) I was able to move about.....wobbly...but moving... 

It has been a couple of days and I am still soooo tired.....they about killed me this weekend but I would do it again!! I love the women at my church, the gorilla, the airhorn, the laughing, the... ahem...I'll stop there.....



.......learned a lot spiritually too...of course....but I will put that in a more appropriate blog post??? 

2 comments:

  1. sounds like Fu N in spite of Mi Gr ai nE .........sorry it has lasted sooooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhahahahhaha! Hhahhaaaaahha! Heeeeeeheeehoho! Hoooo! Book! Book! Book!! Book!! Book!!

    E (or should I say Peter?)

    ReplyDelete