Monday, April 4, 2011

I get to keep my ruby (blue) slippers (fake crocs)!

It came down my street but nothing landed on me and not one little obnoxious girl broke out in song or stole my shoes!!
aren't they the ugliest fake crocs you've ever seen?
(I'm glad I was not seriously injured AND found wearing THESE)


Today, we had 70 mph winds blow down our street!! I had my face plastered to our front window.
(I LOVE storms). The windows did a weird, suction action...the cars on our busy street came to a complete stop....garbage, limbs, rain and visible wind blew...NO floated almost in slow motion...sideways...past my house!! It was awesome!!

We have some minor clean up but my neighbors were not so lucky!!






I moved this limb from behind my car so that I could go take pictures of damage...






I just hope I don't get a ticket in the mail with a picture of me taking this picture while driving through the intersection.....



A ladder truck followed me around my neighborhood.....not sure if they were looking for damage, lost on a call or what....but we waved at each other........ twice. I thought about taking their picture and then thought about my young macho cousin....he is a fireman in Miami...I thought about what he might say about a crazy old lady taking pictures of him on a ladder truck.....so I didn't take the picture........

Now I wished I had.........dern..........







1 comment:

  1. Wow!! or really- Yikes! ...glad you got to keep your ugliest fake crocs.....haha. The storm didn't last long and it appears that it is a good thing!! Next time take a picture of the firemen..... =>

    ReplyDelete