Monday, April 18, 2011

Ahhhh....COME ON!!!

I am so tired of having to give up things because I don't fit the mold!

I can't wear the cute summer long dresses because I am not tall and skinny!
Really!
people need to realize that short AND short and dumpy just don't look right in these cute fashions....

I also dream of having the cute short and straight hair styles!! I LOVE THEM!!!....I love the punk!!
But my hair will NEVER BE.....
no matter how much product or chemical......sigh....

I can give up hair and fashion....I did...

BUT A LAWNMOWER...

COME ON!!!

I was so excited to give up the noise of a lawnmower!! give up the dust, blowing of the grass....
we bought the coolest mower....

tried it...


We all fought over using it! So easy to push....It glided over the yard.... It made a calming noise....we could hear the birds chirping AND cut the grass.....well SOME of the grass....

Apparently, you can only use the COOL classic reel mower if you have a nice lawn.....

YES, my lawn is like ME.....patchy and weedy....

This mower cut the real grass but ran over the weeds or strange grass and they would just pop back up....uncut......

GROAN.....sigh.......

All four of us were so frustrated.....we loaded up the golden and worshiped classic reel mower and returned it ......

Now we own.....



Well, it is short, dumpy...frizzy....but it is reliable...is committed... it will do its job every time and will last a long time......but it is loud, grouchy and kicks up dirt! (but we did get the bag/mulcher) 










4 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lecture you in the comment section of your blog, but rest assured, a lecture is on it's way!

    This is a great metaphor for lots of things, though! How we are patchy and weedy and try to rectify that by all kinds of quaint methods, when what we really need is herbicide! And daily "mowings," too! We've been given what works. Why do we so often still try what is proven not to!?

    Ykw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no herbicides.......they poison worms that poison the birds that eat them......and the poison is then also in the flower.......that then kills the bees and the butterflies.....Poison is like chemotherapy in a way.....it does some life saving ..all the while sneaking in a little death of something else.Chemo is worth it...I testify here...but we can do something different about weeds can,t we?? Actually , some are quite pretty. I love the humor in this blog... you are not the negatives that you said......but you are woman,I hear you ROAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I use weed killer every year!!! I have no problem with weed killer!! the problem is....just like "ykw" said...."DAILY" maintenance!! I am not one to keep up with "DAILY" anything!!! so my yard is not beautiful compared to what a yard SHOULD be but my yard works for what we need.....and it floods...

    ReplyDelete