Friday, November 18, 2011

The MAZenheim Museum

This post is mostly for our artistic family members that do not live near us.

Max had is own blog MAX ART....but google kicked him off the blog, email and some games because he wasn't 13 yet. I want Max to continue to share his art through my blog.

The art project for October was a study on the artists, Seurat and Signac.
(pointillism, neo-impressionism)
George Seurat

Or you might know him for...
George Seurat
A Sunday Afternoon at La Jatte


Paul Signac




Using a hole puncher, construction paper and printfoam board with adhesive back, Max created the above picture. He chose this subject because both artists were influenced by the boats and dock scenes of France.





The art project for November was a study on the artist, Joan Miro. Much of his art was "kid-like".
Joan Miro

Joan Miro




Using various sizes of chenille stems and a plastic canvas, Max created two works in one! 
Look closely. There is a yellow monster with a pink tail that is after a purple man. 
Look again! The entire work is a face.
(also notice his sign and date)


Max has always loved crafts/art projects, but lately he has had an art addiction!

One day after school, Max decided he wanted a giant fall tree in his room. Using paper towel rolls, duct tape, a fast food drink carrier, rocks (for sturdiness in the base) and every single one of my hot glue sticks (gritting teeth).....Max created this tree:
He was going to carve an owl out of soap and make colorful leaves out of construction paper....but he decided he liked the "winter" look.



Another day, Max painted this huge picture of Bellatrix (and her wand) from Harry Potter. He says he will be making giant paintings of Harry, Voldermort, and more....
Max's above painting was straight from his head/thoughts....I was looking for a photo for those of you not familiar with Harry Potter characters.....He did a good job!!

As you can imagine...my house has become quite the art museum with Jack and Max's creations! 
I love it!!
One of my dining room walls...

another dining room wall...

another dining room wall

a wall in my bedroom...

a bulletin board in my office area....


That concludes your visual tour of The MAZenheim Museum!







5 comments:

  1. Soon I need to give you a tour of the Brocklee Flower creations.

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky enough to have one of Jack's photos hanging in our bedroom in Castle Danger. The boys both have the Cloar art gene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud of Max (and Jack) of the art creations. However I am not an art enthusiast (sad to say) so this post brings up bad memories of the art appreciation course I had to take in college. I can't wait until they start on classical music. GET READY MARGARET! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally,I like Max's work best!!...I have some of those drawings that he sold and I love them! I saw that tree and thought it was very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. .....I forgot to post that your house looks GrEaT with all of the art work!

    ReplyDelete