Wednesday, November 9, 2011

3/365, 1/2 of 3/4...and a future mechanic..

I noticed a trend/fad on facebook over the summer.

Pictures of feet on the beach or by a pool.

About 3/4ths of my "facebook friends" went to the beach this summer.
1/2 of those people took a picture of their feet at the beach (or by a pool).

I found this strange, but then realized...if you are by yourself and want a picture for evidence...of being at a beach or pool....then logically, you take a picture of your feet! Everybody knows the toes....right?

I would never do that. 
TMI time.....I brought home a souvenir from my swim class at the UofM.....
I am officially/medically an athelete!

I want to prove that I was enjoying my backyard today.....

Now you know!




There are about 3 perfect days out of 365 that I can enjoy my backyard...
Free of heat and mosquitoes....and no freezing!


I took time to enjoy God's creation (rare for me).
I laid my head back while I gently rocked the swing....
I enjoyed the slight chill in the air and decided to practice the discipline of being silent....

WHAT?

HUH?

I CAN'T HEAR THE SILENCE.......

I sat up and enjoyed the roar of the military plane flying over my house, the 4 trains alerting drivers as they crossed intersections, and the 7 leaf blowers maintaining the condos across the street......





 As I sewed and swung..I noticed Max was quietly working on something...

Apparently his Hummer from his 3rd or 4th Christmas was broken down.
He has not played with it in about 5 or 6 years.

I watched him and realized he inherited his father's passion for fixing/taking things apart.

I got a glimpse of Max as a car owner with Jeff's philosophy...
"I can fix it or make it better!"
Too bad you can't do this to a real car!


Max spent about 3 hours working on his car. It won't work on battery anymore.
The plan:
saw out the bottom and make it a "flintstone" powered car.
If any kid can do it, Max can!


No comments:

Post a Comment