Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sewing in circles...

Last Sunday afternoon was quiet, boring, long and dreary....


The boys were occupied with their entertainment and Jeff was out of town.
I decided to sew a quick, small project to pass the time.

One hour later, I caught myself planning and creating a fun, Sunday afternoon project!

FOUR hours later, I realized I had created a "more than Sunday" project...

Mistake #1:  I did not create a project for the sewing machine.

Mistake #2:  For creative purposes (ha ha ha..makes me laugh to think I have creative purposes), I needed to sew each piece by hand!

Mistake #3:  I am in the middle of going back to work, organizing the boys academics to be more independent (because I won't be home all day), and beginning to plan Kids Mission (a semi-big event at my church).


Exactly one week later, I finished the project!!

To sew each piece together, I ended up sitting on a stool, hunched over my bed and sewing about 3 to 4 hours every day for a.......


table cover....

a unique, one-of-a-kind, crazy table cover

I used scraps of what I already had and moved the circles around in different placements until I was satisfied with the colors and pattern....

When I placed it on the table this afternoon, I smiled with pride....
and then my face fell!

That white circle doesn't work! 



problem solved!





Some of you may have caught in the beginning of this post that I am going back to work.
I will write more about that one day but for now I will share that I have a few leads that I am very interested in pursuing. Some of you may or may not understand when I say "I felt led...or just knew.." that it is time for me to go back to work! 

To answer a few questions:
*No, it is not out of "desperation" for money...however, the extra income will be helpful!

*No, I am not sending my kids to school (yet..ha ha). We will continue to home school. That should add more blog material....me working AND teaching the boys at home! It can be done. We won't be following a traditional  daily school schedule.

*Yes, it is a good thing! I feel excitement and peace!

*Yes, I will continue my blog...I have always written it for me..like a diary! I just share it with the world!




1 comment:

  1. Margaret and her very own sewing circle.les

    ReplyDelete