Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8th times a charm?????

Today was Max's 8th surgery on his ear. They put in his right tube and took out his left tube. He has a hole in his left ear with a tiny bit of hearing loss and we will surgically fix that at a later date (long story).

This time, Max had some pain and they had to give him some pain killers.

Here is Max before his surgery:





Here is Max after his surgery, on pain killers, watching Sponge Bob.......ahhhhh the best!!!!




He is home now......a tiny bit sick to his stomach, watching kid shows on Netflix and eating a push pop.


My favorite ENT was speaking to us after the surgery this morning. He was telling us how he loves us. We are such cool parents, good parents, good kids, and we are easy to deal with. Then he looks at me, points at me and says "you are SOOOO laid back!"
I grinned and looked at Jeff.
Jeff laughed out loud and spit all over the room.
I said, "did you hear that? I am laid back."
Dr. Chanin grinned, rolled his eyes and then renamed me. He said, "ok, fine. You are low maintenance."
Jeff said, "yes, she is low maintenance."


One last thing......

Here is the craziest and somewhat disturbing medical accessory that they sent home with Max when he was about 6 years old and they did it again today. It is for vomiting. I  think it looks too much like something else. When I first saw it several years ago, I tried hard not to laugh out loud! Max had just come out of surgery and he was sick. The nurse flopped this up on his bed and I know my eyes widened! REALLY??? Who designed this?? What happened to the square bags we used to receive on the airplanes???


1 comment:

  1. Glad Max is doing fine and at home....and you are hysterical as always! Jeff is steadfast and funny,too! You all are ! yo momma

    ReplyDelete