Thursday, August 5, 2010

WILD THINGS!!!

Attention: Scout leaders, Coaches, Teachers and Parents!!!

In one day, I just read one of my favorite "help" books! I STRONGLY urge the above mentioned to read this book.

The authors, Stephen and David, take you from birthing your son to graduating him from college. They guide you through development stages, how the male brain works (YES! they have one!), how to love them, the needs of their heart, how to continue raising them through the teen years (and not give yourself a lobotomy!!), and how to parent college men! I was pleasantly surprised to read the part on learning styles. As a teacher, I loved this part!! I have used this for years in my tutoring!! I painfully drank in the chapters on what not to do as a mother. Thankfully Oprah is about to start her last season.....I can stop fearing the call to appear on her show!! (But Dr. Phil keeps advertising for his "Family" to help)

If you are one of my readers in the Memphis area, please run get this book! READ IT!! 
If you work with or parent girls, then you need to read Raising Girls by Sissy Goff. 

On September 12, 2010 (2pm-5pm) at Second Presbyterian Church, there is a Parenting Conference. Sissy Goff and David Thomas do a creative "tag team" presentation to give a deep discussion on both raising boys and girls!! The cost is $10 a person (childcare is available for a fee). You must register. You can online at 2PC.org. 

MAZ

P.S.
I usually "poo poo" these type books because psychologist tend to tell you to be gooey, let kids be kids, don't hurt their psyche.......BUT this book is "right on spot"....I totally agree with everything!!! That is why I read the book in one day. It was like I was dehydrated, desperate (I have 2 preteens) and I was downing the last glass of water in the desert! I am keeping it as a reference book!! My Bible, this and 2 other books I like!!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Glad you are having a better day and being "fed and hydrated" while reading your new book. Can't wait until the conference :-)

    ReplyDelete