Sunday, September 5, 2010

Goats in Downtown Memphis

I have not felt so young and energetic in a few years. And probably never will again....

Today, I played right along with my young "teen" sons. Here is the video to show what a weirdo I am.......I don't usually care what other people think about what I am doing....but when I got to the bottom of the hill, a small crowd had gathered and they clapped for me. I was slightly embarrassed. I thought about not doing it again but I had a ton of fun........




I should have stopped after the first two times. The last time down, I landed on my hand. My wedding rings cut into my knuckle and busted some blood vessels.





One of the times down the hill, I caught some air! It was fun and the landing was not that bad.....but I must have bruised my butt.....after watching a movie tonight.....I realized....sitting on my butt is not an option at this moment!!

I recommend sliding down a grassy hill if you have not done it in a while!!

However, Max is allergic to grass.....so it was not so pleasant for him tonight either......




The boys enjoying the gulf of mexico, again......well the memphis mud island model...........





Now for a little trivia game.....can you guess where our other stop was???
Jeff and I seriously thought of 3 places to get married and this next place was one of them but it cost money......and you know how I hate to spend money!!! So we did not get married here:



Give up???
Can you read the sign???



This was a fun day! The blacksmith was there and showed Jeff and Jack some projects. Max and I sat outside on a bench. Max was sneezing and coughing. His ears were bothering him and he had a stomach ache. We actually stopped here first and THEN drug Max to Mud Island to walk along the river walk and slide in the grass to which he is allergic.........he is now laying next to me on the couch with a stomach ache. SIGH........

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood!! and my dream is to live in that neighborhood....DOWNTOWN!!!!






1 comment:

  1. LOL loved all of this! Your boys are blessed to have you two "crazys" for parents!

    ReplyDelete