Friday, September 17, 2010

CHOMP CHOMP

Football is my favorite time of year!!

well.....1. Christmas, 2. Halloween, 3. Football, 4. my birthday.......well.....I guess it is possible that the last 3 are all rolled together....

ANYWAY....I went to the University of Memphis. My parents' money went there, I got my degree there, and I found my best friend/husband there......My husband is a life long Tiger fan.....so I am a Tiger fan!! They hardly ever win a football game so we don't see too many victories unless it is basketball season.

I was born a Gator fan!! My dad went to the U of F, I was born in Florida, my family is from Florida, winning teams and awesome players come from Florida......so I am a Gator fan!!!! (and Spurrier fan....he was quarterback when my dad was there).

Tomorrow, September 18th, the Gators play UT (the worst team in the universe!). I hate UT! I grew up in Chattanooga. Do you know how horrible that was?? Almost everybody in Chatt. is a UT fan.....Memphis is far enough away from Knoxiousville that there are enough Bum fans and Ole Redneck fans and (have I offended all my readers yet???)........anyway.....Memphis is a good mix of fans around here!! AND we have quite a few UF fans too!!!

Let me get to the point of my post since I lost most of my readers a couple of paragraphs ago....

A college friend of mine sent me the coolest gift!! Her husband works for a company here in Memphis that made the "orange colored" glasses they handed out at the Florida game to the fans IN FLORIDA!!!! They gave me a pair! How cool is that??? I am thrilled that they thought of me!!! I will be wearing them to watch the Gators beat the stinkin' vols tomorrow!! Thanks Brian and Leslie!!

sorry about the pic, all my guys are on a canoe trip so I had to take it myself......hope you can't see what I  ate for dinner.....yep, I have fillings....



This is how I will look cheering tomorrow....hopefully......smiling.....and yes, I know that everything is backwards, it is the mac cam....I was trying to get a close up of the cool glasses! It is a blue and orange football helmet, the lenses are orange.
They say "You're in Luck with the BIG ORANGE TRUCK" It is an advertisement for MID-FLA Heating and Air. It was interesting that a company in Memphis made these to go all the way to Florida!!
Good Job on the graphic design Brian Brock!!

P.S.
after reading this....Brian told me that this was his first Custom Die and he is now on his 3rd or 4th. I am so excited to have a part of his first creation!! I wish him success in his new job.....but more importantly I pray that God uses him to His Glory!! (I am being serious...that had nothing to do with gator spirit...)
  

3 comments:

  1. You gotta love her!! = } momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Polly and Teresa but Margaret is my favorite in the fall of the year. You are probably a bigger (oops, not size wise) Gator fan then me. See you for the game.
    DAD Love you girls.

    ReplyDelete