Saturday, September 11, 2010

2 new favorites

I have 2 new blogs that I read......besides mine....OK, they are the only other blogs I read.....

I had a couple of friends that had blogs, but they did not or do not keep up with them AHEM......so when and if they do post....I might read it....if blogger alerts me to it...

anway....the 2 NEW FAVORITES (and only other blogs I read) are:

http://thecornerstoneforteachers.com

http://www.studentsgrow.blogspot.com

The first one will take you to a site full of fabulous information!! This young and energetic teacher has written a book The Cornerstone. It is on classroom management. I have not purchased a copy for myself. I would love to have one! HINT HINT......my birthday is October 13th!!!
This site will also take you to her blog and you can also friend her on facebook.

I am about to say a few things that will make me sound like I am full of myself.....I AM NOT......but.....I love this teacher's ideas!! I feel like I am reading my life and thoughts when I read her stuff!! It is common sense, practical and wonderful!! Every teacher and parent should read her site, and buy her book!! The ideas I give in behavior training and the ideas I used when I taught were just as simple!! BUT sometimes when you are IN THE THICK of it......it is hard to solve the puzzle or come up with new, quick and fresh ideas!! AND some people have a gift for teaching and training.....The Cornerstone website and book is a must!!!

The second link is a blog written by a school psychologist. She is also young and energetic (by that I mean....not burned out, ready to love, teach and help ALL children....LOVES her job).
She is funny and practical!! She has great ideas, wonderful strategies and encouragement! I want all teachers and parents to read this blog!! You can friend her on facebook too.

I am so glad these two young ladies are providing this wonderful information!! I have always wanted to write about my ideas......but didn't.....and now they have.....and I don't have to!!! YEA!!!

MAZ School tip of the day:
older elementary kids spelling (personally I think it is ridiculous but pretty sure your school doesn't care about my opinion).....
get 50 or 100 piece puzzles to put together with your kid while they practice spelling their words out loud and sucking on sour or peppermint candy OR chewing gum.....
THINK I am crazy???? try it!!! I guarantee it works!!!
(while they casually put puzzle together, you call out word....they spell it....they miss it??....they take out the pieces...if any....and put them back in while spelling correctly....) understand?.....let me know...

2 comments:

  1. Margaret, I wish I had the money for you to go and get your Masters and Doctorate so you could teach at the college level when the boys are out of school. I think you would be a great teacher to teach future teachers. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, you have provided ABOVE AND BEYOND what I needed!! I think once I get Max into HS courses....I will look into getting myself into master and doctorate courses...I know some people doing it and they are just as poor as I am!! THEN by the time the boys head out to college....I can teach college!! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete