Wednesday, September 29, 2010

goats on a little rock


Have you ever seen the movie Curley Sue? Not a great movie....but it is about a man and his daughter mooching off of everyone and getting a "vacation" in the city......well sort of....not really.....

Anyway....that is what this trip reminded me of---in a way----because that is how my brain works! I am either in a movie or a TV show..

We stayed in Jeff's hotel room (he is on a business trip) which is nicer than anything we would ever get if it was on our own dime....even if it was the La Quinta!
We had a King size bed, a pull out couch and a huge TV....and more importantly....cable!!

Max enjoyed his birthday HOTEL LA QUINTA style!!!
Atlantis Legos for birthday gift
(birthday breakfast)

We walked everywhere to avoid using gas and we did everything that was free!! OK, I am not totally cheap, I am not totally like the homeless guy on Curley Sue....I mean, it's not like I pushed my son out in front of a car, broke his arm and tried to get a free meal out of a handsome man....



How to have fun in Downtown Little Rock for free:
playing in the sewer system: free




intimidating homeless creatures in order to find the secret passage to South Korea...
FREE


the knowledge that if you smoke...your  baby will end up in your back pocket..FREE


using dental technology (pressurized air) to get relief from an itchy cast: FREE

showing the boys the "Capitol Building" without ever going to D.C. :  FREE

letting the boys go "bouldering" without going to Colorado: FREE

I should write a book....I do these things out of necessity, but the rest of you chuckleheads could save tons of money and be millionaires if you would lie and cheat your kids out of the vacations you've BEEN giving them.

Vacation idea of the day:
when you go through that turn style thing at the entrance to Bass Pro....say "now you know what it is like at Disney....no need to go!" but don't look at your kids when you say it....I have a sneaky suspicion that my boys are rolling their eyes at me.









2 comments:

  1. WEll,I must say you have mastered the art of a fun-filled,FREE vacation! I love all the photos! See you soon! yo momma

    ReplyDelete