Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HEY!....come back here!

I sat at a table tonight in my church. The purpose was simple. As people walked by to get their food, I would seek out the women and ask "are you interested in this year's Women's Retreat?" or "it is time for the Women's Retreat, have you signed up?".

I was not asking them to volunteer for a job or give money or even leave on the bus at that exact moment. I just wanted them to start thinking about the retreat that is a month away....
Most were interested or already signing up online...however....

Some adult women practically ran away from me. They gave me strange looks.

What intrigued me were the ones..... that instead of simply saying "no".....they said strange things like:

"oh, I am not here for that...." (really? I know you are here for dinner....not the retreat)

"I am over here.." (what does that mean? walk 2 steps over here and then you will be at my table)

I started yelling after them....I see you running around the corner...."don't forget! It is April 8-10!" or "What do you mean you aren't here for that? You are at church for fellowship...right? Well you can rest and fellowship and eat all you want at the retreat....APRIL 8-10!!!"...as they are speed running with their cane and walker.....

I am supposed to sit at the tables for the next few Sundays but I may be asked to step down from this volunteer position.......not sure why.....these people need to face their issues!

1 comment:

  1. You are certainly the crazy, fun one at that church!

    ReplyDelete