Wednesday, March 30, 2011

a need for every teenage boy....

"Mom....dad.....can I have a cell phone???"

we take the boy shopping and find just what he needs!!!

The Classic Reel Mower

I had actually planned to spend Jeff's hard earned money on paint for my bedroom...to cover up a previous "fix it...home improvement job"...or carpet to cover the nasty "Brady Bunch linoleum" that I have been living with for 11 years....or put the money toward roofing our leaky house...or.....

You know how it goes...every time we get that "extra" money...someone breaks an arm or needs surgery or something else in the house falls apart...

This time...it was the lawn mower.

Jeff went out to get the lawn mower ready for spring....before he leaves for his next big trip.
Our old lawn mower, that we "borrowed" from my dad 11 years ago....decided to take a break this year....

Jack is taking over the yard work, so we decided to go with the Classic Mower!! 
.....builds strength
.....builds character
.....lower phone bills
.....too tired to be naughty

I am excited about mowing the lawn this year! It will be quiet! I can sit on my swing with my ice tea and enjoy watching my son......work.....

AND if we like this new mower..... we have enough money left over to buy the smaller one for my younger son.....DOUBLE TREAT!!!

3 comments:

  1. wow! that is a cool looking mower.....not like Grandy's though. It looks very updated.....hopefully easier to push! Where did you find this?? have fun, Jack! uh,oh, watch out max.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old gas mower was at least 15 years old so it was time for a new one. Glad it is Jack pushing it and not me. I still love my electric mower I bought NEW for $60 at Lowes last year as a closeout. DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is no way I would buy an electric mower for my boys to use....they would mow a strip, turn around to mow the second strip and mow right through the cord!! I am a little nervous about this new mower...I wish it would quit raining so we could test it!!! We have mowed over so many hot wheels through the years....I don't know how this classic mower will hold up to cars, pecans, sticks, garden snakes, toes.....

    ReplyDelete