Tuesday, November 24, 2009

All I Ever Wanted....All I Ever Needed...(not the 80s song)

I had a deep discussion with a friend yesterday. She was asking me about debt, finances, Christmas presents, family, marriage, kids. All the deep questions that truly gave me a migraine by the end of the day. (I don't like to "think")

At the end of the conversation she looked at me and said "but I don't understand, you are truly happy! I can see it in the way you act, the things you say, your smile.".......(that is a first! I am usually accused of being sad or grumpy.....must have been the Jesus filter..)

Let me share what I shared with her:
Jeff has lost jobs and found jobs, we have worried about paying bills and we have had "eat out" money, we have had medical issues and we have been healhy, we have had deaths and other losses, we have had births and gains, our marriage has been up and down, we have made bad decisions and good decisions, BUT in all those life lessons....I have had Jesus. Jesus has pulled me up out of my pond of grief, anxiety, dispair.....Jesus has slapped me back into focus! Jesus has shown us that all we need his HIM...everything else is just life.

I had a good friend in college (Emily). She would say..."that has nothing to do with eternity."

I live by that.
The only thing that effects eternity is choosing to have a relationship with Jesus!



All anyone needs is Jesus.
I can starve to death, I can lose all wordly things, I could die......and worst of all I could lose family........but I would still have Jesus! AND that is ALL I NEED!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you !!! He is the potter we are the clay.....I am proud of you ....even if/when you are grumpy!! giggle.....?? yo momma

    ReplyDelete