Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year!!

I love Halloween! My kids have made it even better. They love to design their own costumes. This year Jack was a brain. He made his own costume with some help from Jeff. Max was to be a turtle. We strapped his bean bag to him. He then changed it to a fantasy creature. Most people thought he was being creative.. "ninja turtle". He only cares about the candy anyway!!

Thanksgiving brings the changing weather. I will have to admit, I don't care much about Thanksgiving. Memphis weather is usually warm or wet. I hate cooking and REALLY am not a Thanksgiving food kind of person. You spend a bunch of time cooking and then it is eaten in a flash and then you spend double the time to clean up. I am fortunate to be with my family all through the year. I also have tried to make it a habit to be thankful everyday!!

BUT CHRISTMAS!!!! AHHHH Christmas, I love it!! I put my tree up the weekend of Thanksgiving. We have an artificial tree. ALLERGIES.

Sometimes Memphis will give me a break and I get some cold weather during Christmas-Holiday-Time. I love the music, the lights, the decorations, the food (anything I want). We are learning to emphasize the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Each year we are forced to do less and less "material" Christmas and do more and more "Spirit" and traditions of Christmas.

I know that when the boys are older they will remember the things they DID better than the things they GOT........................I hope.

So HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEW YEAR
and don't forget to be thankful everyday!!

1 comment:

  1. you took your naps under the christmas tree when you little......

    ReplyDelete