Monday, July 26, 2010

traveling with goats

As I have written, I had to take some time off from writing to plan for this upcoming school year AND for our family vacations. The Ziegenhorn family travels so much throughout the year and especially during the summer. I have taken some time to read (through facebook) about some of your vacations. I wanted to share with my readers what the Ziegenhorns (german for goat horn) spend their vacation time doing....

As you can see we travel to some exotic lands, where there are lush green areas with lovely clear blue springs. The boys have practiced for years in the art of slip-n-slide racing.

Jack is the master at side-slip-n-slide-while-gurgling.

Max has won many ribbons in surf-slip-n-slide-with-tongue-hanging-out.




Later we made it to the relaxing mud lands. We explained how some people are forced to play in concrete pits that are filled with chlorinated water.......sad.....



We took a day trip to Tunica, MS to see the River Museum. That was a pretty nice building, museum and history/science lesson!

AND we don't want our kids to feel too privileged so we are taking them to the beach next month!! 
(I will blog about that later)

 Here is how we have been eating all summer.....

Jeff makes yummy chicken and veggie kabobs for the grill!!



And I have been eating veggies, fruit, rice, beans and water......do you see the face that the spoon is making???? It is a sort of frown....that is how my kids have been looking at me all summer....but I don't care!! I have lost 16 pounds and I have 19 more to go!! Well 14 for my goal but 19 for my dream!!

MAZ





2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, looks like a lot of fun. Love your stories.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun you have had! good job on the weight loss!! (if the boys lose weight , they will disappear....or is that a syfi project ??? for school??luvu yo momma

    ReplyDelete