Thursday, July 22, 2010

death by jeans

My plan was to come back "on line" with a summer summary post.....but....

I almost died today.

.....and true to CLASSIC MAZ....

it would not have been a normal death....

Today was hot as blazes as usual here in Hell, I mean...Memphis.....I had the car today (we are down to one car, which you would know about if I was able to write my summary). I took Jeff to work, I came back and did my horrendous workout (because I have lost 16 pounds and have 19 more to go, which you would know about if I was able to write my summary). After the horrendous workout and shower, I decided to wear my skinny jeans (mine are probably not as skinny as yours but they are MY skinny jeans and they fit me loosely!!!)......I put on my lotion (b/c I have been sunning to prepare for our beach trip and I am preventing dry skin), I put on my loose, skinny jeans....no problem!! I go outside and humidity hits!
SWEATING!!!!
I go to my meeting...
SWEATING!!!
I go run errands in this horrendous weather.... in my car that does not cool off in Memphis heat.
SWEATING!!!!
.......all along a chemical reaction is happening in my skinny jeans:
sweat
lotion
denim

My last stop is Target and I have been drinking loads of water all afternoon.

......one more thing....

I never use public restrooms....I will go all the way home and forget everything that I am doing JUST to avoid using a public restroom HOWEVER, today I decided that I could hover over a Target toilet and pee so as to avoid more traveling in this horrendous heat!!

STUPID DECISION!!!!

My loose jeans were not necessarily tight they were stuck to my sweat and lotion AND they would not come down, go up.......I can't explain it.....I almost wet myself, when I finally got past that emergency, I could not get them back up. I was stuck in a public toilet area for longer than a few minutes!! Which is extremely hard when my defense mechanism is to hold my breath, close my eyes and stand on my tippy toes!!!

Death was close!!

The stress caused more sweating, hot flashes and a mild panic attack!! I almost ripped off the jeans and ran out with just my undies and tank top but I had done so many squats and lunges earlier this morning....I did not think I could out run the security guard just outside the door (just my luck...he was young and in shape!)
I stood up straight, counted to 10 and started to do lamaze breathing!! Thank goodness I had both my babies naturally!! I just wish  I could have had the Stadol  they gave me to forget the pain!!

Today was very traumatic for me!
You will have to wait until tomorrow or this weekend for my summer summary!!!

But here is a picture of my Target deal!! I got beach towels at 59 cents each!! Oh DERN!! I could have wrapped them around me!! HINDSIGHT!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW... you look GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete