Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Classic MAZ in solitude....

For about 14 years, I have been wanting to set aside time, either at the end of the year or beginning of the year, to organize my thoughts, journal prayers and praises, and just to simply set my mind, heart and soul on the path that God has provided.

I have heard this suggestion/advice a million times.
"Go to the beach, sit in the quiet ocean breeze..."
or "enjoy the quiet nature of the woods...."

Last time I was at the beach.....we were having so much fun...
I forgot about carving out a "planning time"
Check out how much fun we had!

Last time I was in the woods.....
Nature was so distracting.....I did not have quiet "planning time"


God always knows what we need and when we need it!!

God provided me with a wonderful couple of days of alone and quiet time....
free from nature distractions....free from fun distractions....

He sent me to Birmingham, Alabama!!
and my only view was the "hustle and bustle" of life...

I would like to share just one of several issues that God planned for my study...

SUBMISSION

"WHAT?".....I know!

I only said the "submission" part of my wedding vows because it was hard enough to find a preacher to marry us at the airport.....


if I had said "drop that submit phrase" I think Jeff and the pastor would have put me in therapy!

HOWEVER....
I have now found freedom in submission: 

*It is the ability to lay down the terrible burden of always needing to get our own way...

oh ho ho!!! I like that! I need to get my own way and it is exhausting!

*Submission can free us so that we can distinguish between genuine issues and stubborn self-will...

heavy weights of years of confusion start to fall off....

*Best way to handle most matters of submission is to say nothing...

SILENCE!! key to lasting peace in most matters!

*Self-denial is the foundation for submission, it saves us from self-indulgence.....
*If you love your spouse, you will live in consideration of their needs. You will be willing to give in to them. You will be free to regard them as more important than your own needs. You will be able to regard your children as more important then your own needs!

WAIT.....
freedom
putting others first

where is the part of the definition that makes me miserable and grumpy because I HAVE to do what others want instead of what I want.....



It wasn't there....
I found that submission is an act of love....denying yourself....
Beautiful!


I may post about some of my other adventures this week:

MAZ, REPENT! means whaaaaat?

If MAZ was in the audience during the Sermon on the Mount...

How MAZ...the workaholic, busy body finds that she is LAZY.....




(submission info found in Bible.. and book, Celebration of Discipline)













2 comments:

  1. Love it... a little creeped out by Jeff trying to lick your glasses. Praying for you to soak up every minute of this time.
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, what, "S" doesn't lick your glasses?
    - Jeff

    ReplyDelete