Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I will never go to Brazil for a swim!

Have you ever been swimming in a pool, lake or ocean and something touches you? It clings to your arm and you flail to get it off. You move in closer, careful not to touch it and then you realize it is a band aid or piece of skin.

Well, if I am in the ocean and this happens, I usually think it is a monster trying to kill me and I put on quite a show before I realize it is just seaweed.


When I experience this in pools, I create quite the tidal wave as I try to swoosh all the surrounding water out of the pool. My family ignores me but strangers start to worry.

This act makes me feel that the pool is clean again.




Now I have a NEW worry...

I was recently reading in the Smithsonian Magazine about WHY the killer whales migrate and then spend just a short time in the subtropic waters off Uruguay and Brazil.

They have gone to the "spa"(warm waters) for a skin peel...
....killer whales shed their skin!

GAH!!

That is some major dead skin floating around in the ocean!!

I had a daymare of swimming in the ocean and then all of a sudden, I am trapped in this cloudy substance. I panic.
WHAT IS GOING ON??


I would never be the same again!

I would HAVE to peel all of my skin off....for sure!

stop spreading your nasty!

2 comments:

  1. HA you make me laugh.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quit reading those stories and then going to sleep.
    You do make me laugh out loud. And I love you for it.
    Aunt Delores

    ReplyDelete