Friday, March 2, 2012

A Stupid Day

I woke up at 2am with a cough, sore throat, migraine and my nostrils were simultaneously stopped up AND dripping....nope!....
flowing!
 with large amounts of mucous!

I rolled over and over in misery until my alarm went off at 5:45.

I know you all are feeling sorry for Jeff at this point.
DON'T!
 He is off pretending to be a Blues Brother.
He was not snoring away beside me, oblivious to my misery.
 (because that is exactly how it would have been if we were in town!)

After sinus meds, migraine meds, snorting salt water and a hot shower......

I was off to work!

and looking my best!


After making TWO wrong turns on my NORMAL route to work, I realized that I was going to be severely impaired today!

I eventually arrived to work and stepped out of my car with my drink, and into



a wind tunnel.

After losing my drink to the weather, I let my hair lead me the rest of the way to the office.



I felt like I was working in quicksand all day.
I was slow.
I was stupid.
I was.....
what was I?



oh, yea...

I was forgetful.

When I wasn't forgetting simple words and what work I was slowly accomplishing before I sneezed....

I was leaking uncontrollably!
My eyes were crying, my nose was running..

and I think at one point, I was drooling (mouth breathing and forgot to swallow).

My last assignment for the day was to drive 2 buildings down and drop off a piece of paper.
I got in my car, started the engine, and looked toward the building that was my destination. 

The usually crowded parking lot was completely empty.

I noted this because there are usually trucks parked everywhere.
I thought to myself  "why do those crazy people park where they are blocking a straight shot from building to building?"
I noticed that I could drive straight through the 3 parking lots and not have to pull out on the street and then back in the other parking lot........

I picked up some speed when I left my paved lot and transitioned onto the gravel lot.
I like that noise...

THEN


HUH!

Well that explains why those trucks park in the way!

Turns out you can't drive straight through all three parking lots.....

BUT you can fly into the last one if you hit the curb just right!






2 comments:

  1. I sure am glad you have a great since of humor or you would do something terrible to yourself or others (including me). Love you and hope you feel better soon, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I DO a good job at teaching driving....no matter the circumstances.....heh,heh.....sorry your day was so entertaining...oops! I meant miserable... ;} muther

    ReplyDelete