Sunday, February 26, 2012

Last words

This weekend was my last Kidmission Festival.  I want to end this season in my life by sharing some of my favorite quotes from the kids:

A boy was off by himself and Jeff was trying to encourage him to participate in the activities.
Jeff: "Have you had a chance to go look at some of the countries? There is Russia, Jordan..."
Boy: "Is that what they named the shoes after?"
Jeff: "They named the shoes after Michael Jordan, the basketball player."
Boy: "They named the country after the basketball player?"

I was talking to a 9 year old girl about the different food they eat in Japan. Our guest missionary from Japan shared several pictures of "different" food.
Me: "Would you eat some of the food we saw...like the different flavored fish poop?"
Girl: she thought for a few seconds
"If it was fried...."
She smiles with delight and puts her hand on my arm.
"Hhmm. Mmm. I'll eat anything fried!"

I am passing out cookies to the kids. One little girl takes the cookie and says:
"I'm allergic to this."
Me: "well, throw it away."
Girl crams the entire cookie in her mouth and takes another one.
I have a minor heartattack.
"DON'T EAT IT IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC!"
Girl: mouth full "oh! It's a sugar cookie. I'll be ok."
I snatched her other cookie from her fingers and watched her the rest of the time with bugged eyes.

I'm telling a young boy for the 60th time to sit in a seat. I use my firm and threatening MOM voice "don't get up again". He looks into my eyes for a few seconds.
Boy: "ooo kay" shakes his pointer finger at me "I remember you. You are here a lot. You don't like kids to run around."
He sits down with a smile on his face like he is thinking
"Crazy old lady"
But he quit running around the stage so....whatever!

1 comment: